It may seem like a worrying task to measure your windows for your blinds. Here at blind superstore we are experts in measuring. We have designed this step by step guide to walk you through every stage in detail.
What you will require to measure your windows: –
1. A pen or pencil
2. Tape measure (a rigid metal one will be best)
3. Paper or Phone to make notes of your measurements
Where you want to put your blind?
Inside Recess OR Outside Recess
You have a couple of options to decide whether you want your blind to fit on the inside of the recess, or the outside of your recess. We have explained this below in some nice simple steps with a drawing also.
Inside Recess – This is where you would like your blind to fit on the the inside of the recess, basically this means it’s going on the inside of the window opening. Please see diagram below
Outside Recess – This is where you would like your blind to be fitted on the outside of the recess, basically this means you are fitting the blind on the outer part of your window, missing the window opening. Please see diagram below
How to measure you blind?
You have a couple of choices to pick here, either Exact or Recess
This measurement is usually used when you are wanting your blind on the outside of the recess. If you tell us your exact blind size we will make no deductions and it will come to this exact size
1. Measure the exact width of where you like your blind to be and finish
2. Measure the exact drop of where you like your blind to be and finish
3. Important information regarding Roller Blinds. If you are ordering a roller blind we have to allow for the controls at either side of the roller blind. This will mean your cloth on your roller is slightly smaller this is 30mm. We make this adjustment for you as standard, we recommend you take this into consideration for Outside recess measurements.
This measurement is usually used when you are wanting your blind on the inside of the recess. All you need to do is measure tight inside the recess and we will make deductions for you to ensure the blind fits inside the recess. The standard blind deduction is 10mm (we will take this off for you)
1. Measure the width of the recess from wall to wall in 3 different places as shown on diagram. Take a note of the smallest measurement as this is the one we will use
2. Measure the drop of the recess from wall to wall in 3 different places as shown on the diagram. Take a note of the smallest measurement as this is the one we will use
3. Important information – Keep an eye out for tricky obstructions. You will need to take these obstructions into consideration to ensure your blind fits perfectly. The main things to look out for are TILES, HANDLES, AND SKIRTING BOARDS/TRIMS
All our blinds can be fitted either FACE FIX or TOP FIX. You will be required to ask which option you prefer, usually from our experience if you can FACE FIX this is typically easier just make sure you miss those tricky handles
Even after you have looked through the video we can still help you, if you would like to go over it on the phone and have a chat with one of our advisors we can assist you even further.
Please note our guide on measuring your blinds is only a guide and we advise you to carefully read the instructions before placing your order.